Get to Know the Costs & Benefits of Medicare Plan Types
A licensed insurance agent from our team will contact you to discuss your Medicare options.
Speak to a Live Representative M-F 8am-7pm PST
First of all it is important to learn a little about what Medicare actually is and how it can be of benefit to you. Medicare is available to those 65 and over and have worked and paid taxes in the U.S. for a minimum of 10 years. If you have received any Social Security disability benefits for the past 2 years, then you can claim it if you suffer from chronic kidney disease. Medicare also has different parts that cover different costs. Some are free, and some require payment. So, let’s take a further look at the details.
For most people, Part A has no premium costs, or annual costs. Part A helps with the following: Hospital care. It’s free for 60 days after you’ve paid the annual deductible. Nursing homes and nursing homes are free for 20 days after a hospital stay, and after the annual deductible has been paid. Home health care is a type of medical care that is free as long as there is an order from a doctor, and it does not require 24-hour care. The hospice service for example is free. Patients may have to pay the copayment when requiring prescription drugs.
Part B has an annual cost but this will be deducted from the person’s social security check. You get cover with the following services, including medical fees, lab tests, and x-rays for conditions. Most preventive care is free but if not, you will have to pay 20% of the cost, whilst Medicare will pay for the remaining 80%. This is the same for medical supplies, patients will pay 20% of the costs. The aspects of free help and support of Part B include:
These are deemed as important to health and therefore are offered under this scheme. Preventative measures are often less costly to the health industry in the long run, therefore certain screenings and yearly vaccinations will cut this in half.
It is important for any patient to know exactly what type of plan they have and what is covered in this. It is important to carefully review health insurance plans to find out whether or not health insurance will cover the costs of treatments. It is up to the patient to choose between “Original Medicare” or the “Medicare Advantage Plan.” It is known that Part C is not necessarily free, it may generally have lower premiums than Medigap plans.
Most of the help covers hospitalization, nursing homes, medical fees, prescription drugs, and hospice care. Other plans also help with dental, hearing, vision, or health-promoting care, such as joining a gym. It may also include:
Therefore it is important to know if this type of plan is likely to offer you benefits. Every state has a State Medical Assistance Program (SHIP), which provides free counseling about Medicare coverage and help with patient claims and applications. You can find a SHIP program by calling the Medicare number, 1-800-medicare, or by visiting www.medicare.gov.
Essentially no. Part D relates to drug plans for certain treatments. According to the Medicare website, “You pay this in addition to the Part B premium. If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or Medicare Cost Plan with drug coverage, the monthly premium may include an amount for drug coverage.”
In addition, there are some costs that aren’t easily identifiable to some recipients. Late enrollment fees and Part D penalties can be avoided. But, in some cases, it may actually make sense to take the penalty because of the benefits that come from the plan. So, feel free to give us a call anytime, for free, at (888) 352-6672 to ensure you’ve got the right information to compare plans that are right for you.
You can visit the Social Security office for information and to enroll. It can be done online in less than 10 minutes with a simple form on Social Security online. You may need the following documents:
It is important that you assess your budget before making any commitments because you will find that your medicare policy will also be based on your income. You should analyze the cover needed and look at the best plan that is suitable for you. Medicare is a great service for people to get better access to the medical system and the help that they need to live a healthier and happier life.
GIVE US A CALL!
Address: 43385 Business Park Dr. Suite 160 Temecula, CA 92590
Phone: 1-888-35 COMPARE
TTY: 711, 8am-7pm, Mon-Fri
We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1-800-MEDICARE to get information on all of your options.